“Love, tolerance and respect are at the heart of this school resulting in happy, successful children with a strong sense of self worth.” Church of England SIAMS Report, April 2016
Hailey School aims to provide a safe, caring, loving environment that promotes core Christian values in our children, preparing them for their next school and for later life. We aim to equip them with the self-esteem, confidence, good behaviour and tolerance to be responsible and contributing members of society. We recently reviewed our school values with parents, staff, governors, pupils and the Church community. We strive to ensure that our values guide all aspects of school life, from the children’s social, emotional and moral education to the way the school engages with global issues such as diversity, sustainability and health.
Our recent Church of England Inspection, which judged the school to be outstanding, commended Hailey School for embedding these values across the school and for the cultural development of its pupils which, together with the strong, supportive and caring relationships between all members of the school community “have had a significant impact on children’s good achievements, supportive behaviour and attitudes.”
We believe in:
- Promoting Christian values in our children, particularly love & tolerance (respect for others) and instilling good behaviour.
- Providing our children and staff with a caring, friendly, “family” atmosphere
- Retaining the capacity for pupils and staff to all know each other
- Educating our children in, and celebrating, diversity in the UK and global society
- Working in harmony with our families, local church & village community
- Leading by example on trust and honesty, by our children, staff & governors
- Fulfilling our Mission Statement: “Together Everyone Achieves More”