Hailey School was established in 1847. The school now consists of this original building as well as some purpose built newer buildings which contain a spacious hall, our own kitchen and large classrooms. Our facilities include a large outdoor space with play and sports equipment and we even have our own woodland!
The school benefits from many of the virtues of a small, supportive and active community in Hailey and the surrounding area. We have strong links with local families, as parents, governors, former pupils or staff, and with the local church, with whom we work to provide a stable spiritual environment for our children. The school is integral to the local community, welcoming friends, families and other local residents to our school plays, fayres and other events, as well as assemblies and collective worship. The school also contributes to local projects and charities, visiting local residents’ homes, contributing to the village newsletter, ‘The Hailey Herald’ and the village woodland project among others.