2013-2014 PE and Sport Premium Spending Plan and Impact
Examples of specific provision provided the first year included:
- Employment of specialist PE coaches to lead on sports required for inter-school competition eg run football club. The school took part in several competitions with local schools in this first year of funding eg football tournament, football league and swimming gala
- Provision of training and equipment for Y6 sports leaders to run games sessions, resulting in well established “playleaders” at lunchtime, with a number of children taking part in additional activities.
- Provision of opportunities to take part in new sports via National Sports week eg judo, golf, tennis
- Provision of transport and staffing to enable students to participate in competitions and events; As a result, pupils took part in several interschool events eg dance festivals using this first year of funding.
- An audit of provision and an updated curriculum was developed using the support from Youth Sports Trust membership